What is Attestation?Attestation is one method used by authorities to check that an overseas document is real. The personnel that have verified the document attach a sign or stamp to it to prove they have verified it. For example, you can have your criminal record check certificate attested by APCS.
How do APCS carry out attestation on my criminal record check?
Is Apostille and Attestation the same thing?
No, the Apostille and Attestation are different types of document legalisation.
Which type you need will be determined by which country you are going to.
Countries that are members of the Hague convention will accept the Apostille.
Countries that are not members will accept Attestation.
Can I use a certified copy of my certificate?
Some embassies will reject certified copies, so it is best to check with the embassy in question.
Which embassies offer further attestation in the UK?
- Embassy of the Kingdom of Bahrain
- Embassy of Brazil
- Embassy of the People’s Republic of China
- Embassy of the Republic of Cuba
- Embassy of the Arab Republic of Egypt
- Embassy of the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia
- Embassy of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan
- Kuwait Embassy in London
- The Philippine Embassy in London UK
- Embassy of the State of Qatar London
- Embassy of the United Arab Emirates
- Embassy of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam